A 28-year-old man has been arrested by police investigating criminal breaches of privacy relating to the passing of information to journalists.
Scotland Yard said the man was arrested on suspicion of offences under the Theft Act 1968.
The man is not a journalist and is the 13th person held under the Metropolitan police’s Operation Tuleta probe into computer hacking and criminal breaches of privacy, which is linked to the ongoing investigations into phone hacking, and payments to police and public officials by journalists.
He was arrested after attending a south London police station by appointment at 12.30pm on Tuesday.
Scotland Yard said the man has been bailed until 9 December 2012 pending further inquiries.
The Met has 19 police officers working on Operation Tuleta.
Scotland Yard said the arrest did not relate to its investigation into a suspected conspiracy involving the gathering of data from stolen mobile phones, which is being examined by Operation Tuleta and Operation Elveden detectives. A 33-year-old journalist was arrested and bailed in connection with that specific line of inquiry last week.
guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010